Thursday, March 26, 2009

Beware of Curb!

As I'm driving home from church last night, I realized I never ate dinner! So I whipped into QT to pick up something quick. I always park right in front of the door, and "my" space was open, so I pulled right in. No problem. Got out, walked up to the curb, and THE CURB TRIPPED ME!!! I am going to sue that curb!!! Thankfully I didn't fall all the way down, I just did kind of a push-up. My knees never hit the ground, nor did my face(thank the Lord!). I got up quickly, and realized abouth 10 people just watched me get my exercise in. Great. One guy(who stood about 6 feet from me and did NOT act or look concerned at all) said, "You ok?" His expression never changed, nor did he offer to help me up or anything. Such a gentleman. I get up, glance to my left and see 3 or 4 people walking towards the door. They had seen it too. Nice. Rushing towards the door(they have big glass doors and you can see the counter right inside) I realize that about 5 more people waiting to pay had been watching too. Even nicer. Ducking my head, I grab a drink and while trying to decide what to get to eat, a lady next to me goes "Are you ok? I saw you fall out there." Blushing, I said "Yes, I'm fine. Thank you for asking." I got out of there as quick as I could. Why does this always happen to me?!?!

No comments: