Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Karunch!!!

So last Monday I decided to go visit two of my brothers and their families in Tulsa. Mom was already up there and Dad was overseas on business, so it didn't take much to persuade me to go. I left Monday night and took Tuesday & Wednesday off work, planning to be back Wednesday in time to get dressed for church. I had a great time right up to a couple hours before I was scheduled to leave...

Lorinda(my sis-in-law) was heading out for a 10 o'clock doctor's appt Wednesday morning. I was getting my things together to leave around noonish. I was parked behind Lorinda, so I called out that maybe I should move my car. Lorinda assured me that she had plenty of room, since I was parked at the end of the driveway with about two car lengths inbetween us. 5 minutes later she came back in crying, tears dripping off her face.

"Your car!" she said.

I chuckled. "Whadja do, swipe my bumper curving around me?"

"It's not just your bumper!" she bawled.

We went outside and looked. It wasn't just my bumper. Mom & I shooed her on to her appointment, assuring her we would get it worked out when she got back. She felt SOOOO bad.When she left, we went back out to look again. It was definitely not just my bumper. Long(er) story short, I claimed it on their insurance. I got a rental that afternoon and didn't end up leaving until about 3:30. Y'all. My rental is a Cobalt. Granted, it's an '08, but there's no cd player or cruise control. It smells like smoke and it rides only a little better than my mom's xB!!! Gah!!! Definitely not my Lexus!!!

My car is finally in the shop as of yesterday. They are supposed to start working on it either this afternoon or tomorrow morning. One of the guys from the shop called while I was on lunch today and let me know the estimate is around $5,800, but it may be more when they get under the hood and look around some more. Thank the Lord for insurance!!!

So if you see a little blue Cobalt jetting around with Kansas plates on it(and the windows rolled down so I can breathe), that's me! I'll try to post some pics in a couple of days, but I'm making NO promises!!!

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

O no! That stinks.

I remember that happening at our church only it was with a certain young lady and poor Bro Mcgees truck.

O well. These things happen. Yall were sweet to console her, I know she must of felt awful.